Celebrating the release of The Wheel of Time Companion
Thanks to all who contributed to make this campaign a success! With Tor’s matching donation, we raised over $6,000 for five worthy charities. It was a close race, but thanks to some last minute donations Perrin took the lead! He will be featured on a challenge coin from Ta’veren Tees, to be released in 2016.
Winning donors will receive notification the week of December 6. Thanks again to everyone who donated!
To celebrate the release of The Wheel of Time Companion, we raised money for causes that represent your favorite characters.
Tor Books matched all donations at 100%, and the winning character will get their face on the 2016 Ta’veren Tees challenge coin – See below for full details!
Supporting Mercy Medical Angels
Amount Raised: $1,522.58
Whether he tries or not, Mat always seems to be right where he’s needed most. Mercy Medical Angels responds to patients in need of physical transportation to receive medical attention. With a program dedicated to helping veterans and wounded warriors, their mission is to ensure no patient is denied access to distant medical support for lack of long-distance transportation. In addition to transporting individuals to medical care, Mercy Medical Angels also responds to local and natural disasters. To date, they have transported over 148,000 patients.
Supporting Brain & Behavior Research Foundation
Amount Raised: $954.86
Brain and behavior disorders affect about 1 in 4 adults – including our favorite hero. The Brain & Behavior Research Foundation is committed to alleviating the suffering caused by mental illness through scientific research. Donor contributions are invested in grants that lead to discoveries in understanding causes and improving treatments of disorders in both children and adults. To date, they have awarded more than $240 million to fund more than 5,000 grants to more than 4,000 scientists around the world.
Supporting Human Rights Watch
Amount Raised: $992.86
Like Egwene fighting the injustice Seanchan imposed on channelers, the Human Rights Watch defends the rights of people worldwide. Each year, they publish more than 100 reports and briefings on human rights conditions worldwide to generate local and international media. This allows Human Rights Watch to meet with governments, the United Nations, and other regional groups to press for changes in policy and practice that promote human rights and justice around the world.
Supporting Doctors without Borders
Amount Raised: $948.84
There is no sickness – not even death – that Nynaeve will give up on Healing. Doctors without Borders (Médecins Sans Frontières) goes where the need is greatest, providing medical aid for communities that would otherwise not have access to healthcare. With a presence in over 70 countries, they assist in armed conflicts, epidemics, natural disasters, and other crisis situations. They have treated over 1.9 million patients for malaria, 331,000 patients for HIV or ARV, and have conducted more than 9 million outpatient consultations.
Supporting International Fund for Animal Welfare
Amount Raised: $1,738.00
Young Bull knows that animals deserve respect and the freedom to live their lives in natural habitats. The International Fund for Animal Welfare protects these rights through global and regional campaigns. They envision a world where all animals are respected and protected, and work to save individual animals, animal populations, and habitats worldwide. From dogs and cats to whales and elephants, they are committed to protecting all species from suffering.
First, we’d like to recognize everyone who’s partnered with us to bring you this drive!
- Bandersnatch and Team Jordan for giving us the privilege to run this campaign with their book release.
- Tor Books for helping us advertise the campaign and for generously offering to match all donations at 100%!
- Ariel Burgess, official Wheel of Time artist, for her gorgeous artwork, including an original Thom piece made just for this campaign.
- Ta’veren Tees for offering up some great perks for our donors.
Speaking of perks, we’ve got a bunch!
- The character that raises the most money by November 30 at midnight (EST) will get their face on a challenge coin to be released in 2016 by Ta’veren Tees.
- The top single donor across the campaign will get a full set of signed prints by Ariel Burgess- one of each character, plus Thom (6 pieces total, images depicted on this page).
- The top 5 donors for each team will get a signed print of that character by Ariel Burgess (images depicted on this page).
- Everyone who donates a minimum of $10 USD to the winning team will get a 10% off gift card for Ta’veren Tees, valid in 2016.
- All donations are eligible for tax deduction per IRS guidelines.
- And of course, all your donations will be matched by Tor. Double your impact!
Be sure to check back here or Facebook often to see how your favorite character is stacking up. The drive ends on November 30, so you’ve got plenty of time to make sure your favorite takes the crown…err…coin!